Date: Saturday, November 17, 2012
Time: 12:00 am to 12:00 am
Contact: Office of Alumni Relations · firstname.lastname@example.org · 800-798-ALUM
Cost: $50/person or $80/couple Get Tickets
Chicago Centennial Celebration
DATE: Saturday, November 17, 2012
TIME: 6:30 – 9:00 p.m.
LOCATION: The Library Club, 40th Floor, 190 South La Salle Street, Chicago, 60603
PRICE: $80/couple; $50/person
Young Alumni (2012-2002) rate of $50/couple or $35/person New
Please visit http://www.alumni.loyno.edu/chi100 to register.
RSVP Deadline: Thursday, November 8, 2012
Join us as we gather together to celebrate the Centennial anniversary of Loyola University New Orleans in one of Chicago’s most exclusive venues, The Library Club. The Library Club was designed by Phillip Johnson for one of Chicago’s finest law firms. Today the Library is one of the most beautiful private spaces in Chicago, and one of the least known to the public.
The Library Club:
• Initially designed by Phillip Johnson to be the law library of the oldest and most prestigious law firms in Chicago
• Now the Library Club is a private venue for residents of the iconic 190 S. LaSalle Building in downtown Chicago
• The Library Club offers stunning 2-story views of the Chicago Skyline through magnificent floor-to-ceiling Palladian windows.
• From the South Windows of the Library Club you are able to experience an eye level view of the Goddess of Harvest statue.
• The Library Club is one of the most beautiful and private event spaces in Chicago.event spaces.
6:30 p.m.—Celebrating the Past Reception
7:15 p.m.—Centennial Program
Remarks by Dr. Bernard Cook, author “Founded on Faith: A History of Loyola University New Orleans”
Screening of The Loyola Centennial Documentary
Musical performance by TBA
A Toast to the University’s Future by Father Kevin Wildes, S.J., Ph.D., University President
8:00 p.m.—Embracing the Future Reception
For those traveling to attend from outside of the Chicago area we have secured a block of rooms at the JW Marriott Chicago. Hotel reservations can be made directly with the hotel by following the instructions below:
JW Marriott Chicago, 151 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL 60603
• Standard Room $209.00 plus tax
• Reservations must be made by Friday, October 19, 2012 by calling 312-660-8200 and asking for the LOYOLA UNIVERSITY NEW ORLEANS rate.
DIRECTIONS and Parking Information:
By Public Transportation: Guests traveling by public transportation should us the Quincy Train station (accessed by the Brown, Orange, Pink and Purple lines), a 1.5-block walk to The Library Club. www.transitchicago.com
By Car: The Library Club is located at 190 S. LaSalle Street between West Monroe and West Adams in Downtown Chicago. Street parking is available after 6:00 p.m. and there public parking lots are available on West Adams and West Monroe.