Date: Saturday, February 16, 2013
Time: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Contact: Office of Alumni Relations · firstname.lastname@example.org · 800-798-ALUM
Location: The Houstonian, Forest Ballroom, 111 North Post Oak Lane, Houston, Texas, 77024
Texas Centennial Celebration
DATE: Saturday, February 16, 2013
TIME: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
LOCATION: The Houstonian, Forest Ballroom, 111 North Post Oak Lane, Houston, Texas, 77024
PRICE: $50/person; $80/couple
Young Alumni (2012-2002) rate of $35/person; $55/couple
Online Registration for the Texas Centennial Celebration has closed. If you are interested in attending the event please contact Laurie Leiva, Assistant Director of Alumni Relations at email@example.com or 504-920-8485. We hope to see you there.
RSVP Deadline: Thursday, February 7, 2013.
Join us as we gather together to celebrate the Centennial anniversary of Loyola University New Orleans in one of Houston’s most iconic venues, The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa. Long known as one of the finest hotels in Houston, The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa is situated on an 18-acre wooded oasis right in the heart of the city.
The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa:
7:00 p.m.—Celebrating the Past Reception
7:45 p.m.—Centennial Program
Dr. Bernard Cook, author “Founded on Faith: A History of Loyola University New Orleans”
Screening of The Loyola Centennial Documentary
Musical performance by Shana Bey ‘06
A Toast to the University’s Future by Father Kevin Wildes, S.J., Ph.D., University President
8:30 p.m.—Embracing the Future Reception
For those traveling to attend from outside of the Houston area we have secured a block of rooms at the The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa. Hotel reservations can be made directly with the hotel by following the instructions below:
The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa, 111 North Post Oak Lane, Houston, TX 77024
Directions and Parking Information:
The Houstonian is easily accessible to the city's most sought after attractions. Houston Intercontinental Airport and Hobby Airport are both just a 30-minute drive, while downtown and the George R. Brown Convention Center are only 7 miles away. Within two miles is the Galleria and Houston's dynamic Uptown District where our private shuttle will take you to the area's fabulous shopping, dining and entertainment.
From Bush Intercontinental Airport - Houston:
• Exit the Airport on JFK Blvd.
• Follow the signs Sam Houston Tollway/Beltway 8 West.
• Take Sam Houston Tollway/Beltway 8 West to I-45 South (Downtown).
• Take I-45 South to Loop 610 West.
• Loop 610 West becomes Loop 610 South.
• Follow Loop 610 South to the Woodway exit.
• Make a right on Woodway to N. Post Oak Lane (1st signal).
• Make a right on N. Post Oak Lane. The Houstonian is 3 blocks down on the left at the stop sign.
From Houston Hobby:
• Exit airport going right on Airport Blvd. – 1.9 miles.
• Go under freeway and turn left and get on I-45 North.
• Come around downtown on the Pierce elevated freeway and after the Bagby exit look for the Memorial Drive exit on right.
• Exit Memorial and go to the light and turn left and get on Memorial.
• Go about 5.5 miles, through the park, the road will fork, veer left onto Woodway, pass under the freeway.
• Make an immediate right onto N. Post Oak Lane.
• Drive ½ mile to the 3-way stop and turn left into our property.
Parking - Details to follow.
Honorary Host Committee:
Mary Lou Molella Mahoney ’76 and Joseph Mahoney ’76
Louana Himel Frois, J.D. ’88 and Theodore Frois, J.D. ’69
Kimberly and William Blase ’76
Nancy Fix Anderson
Henry Muñoz ’81
Maelinda and David Swanzy
Sally and John Young’63
Dianne and Stephen Scariano ’77
Alejandra and Parker Bigley ’95
Martha Ann Jones ’05
Ravi Dubey ’03
Carol Zengel Smith ’86 and Scott Smith
Conrad DeBaillon ’07
Gabriel Falcon ’07
Georgia Braun McBride ’06, M.B.A. ’11
Ann Leblanc Cook ’83
Kimberly and Bobby Butler ’90
Isabel Lopez Chandler ’80 and Richard Chandler, J.D. ’81
Bonnie Easterly Spencer ’76, J.D. ’79, M.B.A. ’80 and Gerald Spencer
René Mouledoux ’72, J.D. ’77
Kay and Rene Joyce, J.D. ’74 (recommended by S. Valtierra)
Mary Flynn Hull ’02 and Marcos Hull
Carol and Stephen Landry ’83
Mary Jo Jacobi-Jephson ’73 and Patrick Jephson
Judy Henneberger ’63 and John Henneberger ’61